Coupa introduced it has obtained Pana, a supplier of travel booking engineering and the next T&E company that Coupa has landed in its last 14 months of heavy M&A exercise.
The suite provider of options for company invest administration (BSM) explained in its earnings contact previous week that Pana presents Coupa a lot more abilities with typical vacation bookings and that the company’s ground breaking pondering, people and culture were a fantastic healthy.
In its most modern federal 10-K submitting with the SEC, Coupa explained it “paid combination cash of approximately $48.5 million and issued 23,822 shares of our frequent stock” in the Pana offer. Coupa’s inventory rates past week ranged from about $285 to $252 per share.
Considering the fact that January 2020, Coupa has obtained the vacation rebooking professional Yapta the diversity/provider partnership management experts ConnXus a treasury supplier in BELLIN (which by itself afterwards obtained a treasury possibility answer identified as Significantly-Internet) and LLamasoft, a source chain management and arranging business. (See Spend Matters’ in-depth analyst coverage of Coupa underneath.)
Pana received a short mention in Coupa’s earning report, but it created a large amount of curiosity on the earnings connect with, with quite a few financial analysts obtaining thoughts for Coupa’s CEO.
In CEO Rob Bernshteyn’s opening remarks, he resolved the challenges of the coronavirus disruption for Coupa’s customers, for Coupa alone and its M&A development.
And he specifically targeted on February’s Pana deal.
“Pana’s (journey) scheduling motor will enable us to build upon our achievements in price administration and even more unlock our likely with our Journey Saver supplying,” he claimed.
“This acquisition is all about deepening that benefit for our prospects even though broadening our set of capabilities. This offer is reliable with our M&A strategy of adding know-how elements that improve and enrich the worth of our natural transactional main engine and/or augmenting this engine with vital highly developed power applications that optimize the worth of these transactions.
“In creating the choice to get Pana, we regarded lifestyle first, we considered purchase-vs.-create, and we regarded as whether or not it could speedily be built-in into our system though keeping a seamless knowledge for people. … This acquisition checks all of these bins.”
Piper Sandler fiscal analyst Brent Bracelin asked Coupa what it experienced discovered in the very last year since buying the travel company Yapta that designed it want to “double down on vacation and expense administration, and what was distinctive about Pana that attracted you to that business enterprise?”
Bernshteyn claimed the technologies was progressive and that Coupa plans to use it itself quickly.
“One of the matters that is distinctly one of a kind about that business is the tradition and the folks and the enthusiasm they have for this classification,” he claimed. “It’s a group that we’ve viewed and have been in some way part of for quite some time now, and which is No. 1.
“No. 2, they took a extremely ground breaking tactic, a really clever, patent-pending approach to sorting out the pretty generic journey bookings approach that’s common in our sector. …
“So making that transactional assemble element of our general expenditure management presenting and therefore section of our overall business invest administration giving just appeared like a complete no-brainer to us. And we’re properly underway to integrating that supplying previously, and we seem forward to have it getting in current market with that as just one integrated suite in this article pretty, quite soon. We glance ahead to heading dwell on (it) ourselves below in our personal My Coupa environment shortly as well.”
See Invest Matters’ coverage of Coupa and its acquired options:
- Coupa and complexity: Acquisitions, tech integration and customer issues [PRO] Dec. 2020
- Coupa’s Most important Acquisition Nevertheless (Section 1) — LLamasoft Transaction Overview, Preliminary Musings and Offer Tailwinds [Nexus] Nov. 2020
- LLamasoft and Coupa: Discovering Procurement, Finance and Source Chain Use Circumstances for Currently and Tomorrow [PRO] Nov. 2020
- Coupa acquires LLamasoft: Defining and Exploring the Overlap Amongst Immediate Procurement and Source Chain [PRO] Nov. 2020
- Coupa acquisition: A purposeful overview of LLamasoft’s offer chain structure presenting and its intersections with procurement options [PRO] Nov. 2020
- Coupa purchases Yapta: A glance at the T&E offer and provider abilities [PRO] 2020
- 3 Promotions Signal a Switching M&A Landscape in Procurement Technological know-how and Methods (Element 1: Coupa-ConnXus) [Nexus] Might 2020
- Coupa purchases ConnXus: Products Background and Offer Rationale [PRO] May perhaps 2020
- Coupa acquires BELLIN, concentrating on treasury management (Part 1: BELLIN Investigation, Treasury Qualifications, TMS Factors & Procurement / AP Intersections)[Nexus] June 2020
- Coupa, BELLIN and Treasury Administration Techniques: What CPOs and CFOs need to know about TMS and hyperlinks to procurement know-how (S2P, P2P, AP) [PRO] June 2020
- Coupa acquires BELLIN, focusing on treasury administration (Part 2: TMS Industry, Opponents and TAM / Market place-Sizing Factors) [Nexus] June 2020
- Coupa’s 3 Exclusive Forces Groups (Aspect 1: Company Progress) [NEXUS] JASON BUSCH – July 2, 2019
- Coupa’s 3 Distinctive Forces Groups (Aspect 2: Alliances + Company Advancement) [NEXUS]
- Coupa’s 3 Specific Forces Teams (Portion 3: Worth Engineering + Buyer Results) [NEXUS]
- Coupa purchases Yapta: A glance at the T&E offer and service provider capabilities [PRO] ANDREW KARPIE, MAGNUS BERGFORS AND Devote Matters ANALYST Group January 8, 2020
- At Coupa Inspire in London, 2 video game-modifying innovations hardly acquired a point out MICHAEL LAMOUREUX – November 18, 2019
- Coupa’s ‘Below the Organization Level’ Mystery Sauce (Portion 1: Dissecting What Will make It Appealing for SMB and Center Market place Procurement) [PRO] Invest Matters ANALYST Workforce – October 24, 2019
- Coupa CLM: Vendor Examination Update January 24, 2019
- Aquiire: Seller Analysis (Component 1) — Track record and Solution Overview September 17, 2018
- Aquiire: Vendor Examination (Component 2) — Solution Strengths and Weaknesses September 18, 2018
- Aquiire: Vendor Evaluation (Portion 3) — Summary and Competitive Investigation September 19, 2018
- Coupa: Seller Investigation (Portion 1) — Qualifications and Remedy Overview (2018 Update) August 20, 2018
- Coupa: Vendor Investigation (Element 2) — Product Strengths and Weaknesses (2018 Update) August 21, 2018
- Coupa: Vendor Assessment (Portion 3) — Commentary and Summary Evaluation (2018 Update) Oct 4, 2018
- Simeno: Seller Analysis (Part 1) — History & Alternative Overview January 25, 2017
- Simeno: Seller Examination (Component 2) — Item Strengths and Weaknesses January 30, 2017
- Simeno: Vendor Investigation (Portion 3) — Summary and Competitive Examination February 1, 2017
- Spend360: Vendor Evaluation (Section 1) – Qualifications and Remedy Overview October 12, 2016
- Invest360: Vendor Examination (Section 2) – Product Strengths and Weaknesses Oct 13, 2016