Maryville leaders prolong mask mandate
The Maryville Town Council had a total agenda, January 25, even with a wintertime snowstorm that gripped the city most of the day.
The gallery of citizens have been involved about masks and drinking water. Through a community listening to at the commencing of the 6 pm meeting quite a few folks spoke for the allotted two minutes about the hazards of mask putting on and one addressed the crowd about the have to have to go on to put on masks. Later on in the open up assembly, Nodaway County Wellness Division Administrator Tom Patterson addressed the council and gallery urging “everyone to stay the class.” Councilwoman Rachael Martin voiced her problem that the health and fitness office will not advise masks county-extensive. Then the council voted 3-2 to go on the mask mandate for yet another 90 days with the expiration of the ordinance to be April 30. The two dissenting votes arrived from Mayor Ben Lipiec and Councilman Jason McDowell.
A person agenda merchandise that mandated the council meet up with that day was the official placement of four people on the April 6 Municipal Election ballot to fill two seats on the council. Council voted 5- to make the Nodaway County Clerk conscious of the four citizen candidates.
The council heard a 20-minute presentation from associates of HDR Engineering, Inc, which spoke to the evaluation of h2o remedy alternatives. The 140-web site report will be placed on the maryville.org website quickly. The brief phrase procedures, happening five to nine years, they introduced was to solidify the watershed management techniques with local farmers upstream, additional water monitoring at the lake to assist in the suitable algicide purposes and get the most therapy feasible at the getting older h2o plant. Their very long phrase program could include things like dredging the silt out of the lake, contacting it a “shallow lake.” They also gave two alternatives for the council concerning the 1959 created drinking water treatment method plant, either to rehab the present plant at approximate price tag of $1 million or setting up a new plant nearer the lake with a rate tag of $25 – 30 million estimate.
Other resolutions and ordinances integrated:
• Authorized a resolution with the intent to collaborate with the Community H2o Offer District No. 1 of Nodaway County for the design of a new water treatment method plant.
• Licensed the Eco-friendly Product sales Tax Holiday getaway from April 19 – 25 eradicating area gross sales taxes on specific merchandise that are energy successful.
• Authorised the annexation of actual estate owned by Enel Inexperienced Electric power North The united states, Inc positioned at 320 Larry Lane to allow for for metropolis water and sewer expert services.
• Acknowledged a actual estate contract with Maryville Lodge No. 760 BPO Elks to purchase the former Maryville Community Basic safety creating and parking good deal on the southeast corner of East Third and North Vine for $185,000.
• Approved a advancement agreement and authentic estate contract with Ice Product Land, LLC, which will be Kris & Kate’s found at 119 West Fourth Road, allowing for a donation of the lot from the city to the new owners.
As a discussion item, Town Manager Greg McDanel spoke to the leadership circulation chart of Maryville Public Protection proposing two separate divisions: law enforcement and fireplace. The communications division would be underneath the way of the police nevertheless would proceed the consolidation of the E911 interaction centre. The modify would make Ron Christian as the law enforcement chief and Phil Rickabaugh as the hearth chief promptly. The council approved.
McDanel gave a COVID-19 update, claimed the bids to be let January 15 have been delayed thanks to MoDOT on the South Key I-Create challenge but will be enable before long. He ideas to announce the bids by the next council assembly in February. There has been no extra cure produced to the lake thanks to the wintertime circumstances.
Martin mentioned the tourism web site at visitmaryville.org is stay.