All of the hard work and dedication that we put into taking care of our homes is an investment for the future. While maintenance and upgrades might seem like a chore, any improvements we make should result in high returns and enhanced home values.
Home improvement projects can usually be divided into two different categories: cosmetic and functional. For example, having a gutter guard system installed is mostly functional, while repainting the wall of your living room is an aesthetic enhancement.
Some projects, however, fall into both categories—like window replacement, which is both functional and cosmetic. Projects like these tend to require more of an investment of your time and money, but offer much greater benefits for your home. If you’ve been wondering whether your home needs new windows, take a look at these signs that its time from our expert window contractors at Texas Remodel Team.
Repair or Replace?
There are many signs that point to the need for new windows, but it’s not always necessary. In some cases, repairs can fix the problems you’re having with your windows, or a pocket window installation can be planned instead of a full-frame replacement.
This is especially true if you catch problems early on before they have a chance to deteriorate and cause more problems. For example, let’s say that the neighborhood kids threw a baseball at one of your windows and it cracked the glass.
A well-maintained wood-framed window won’t need a full replacement and will only need to have the glass panels replaced. However, a badly-maintained wooden window that’s water damaged and rotten will benefit more from a full replacement to fix both problems at once. Here are some other common instances where replacement might not be necessary:
- Dirty windows that are in need of heavy-duty cleaning might simply need maintenance.
- Windows that have been painted shut can be hard to open and close. This can be remedied by simply removing the paint that prohibits the window from proper movement.
- If there are drafts, check to see what’s causing it. If the draft is caused by worn-out caulking or weatherstripping, this can be repaired to improve insulation performance.
When the problem can’t be fixed with repairs or maintenance, window replacement can be the best choice for your home’s functionality, aesthetics, and overall value. Here are some of the most common signs that it’s time to replace your windows:
- Your energy bills are rising steadily, as a result of energy loss coming from drafty windows.
- Your heating and cooling system are working harder to keep your home’s indoor temperature at ideal levels.
- Your home is equipped with older windows that have never been replaced.
- Your home has single-pane windows installed. Single-pane windows are outdated and inefficient compared to double, triple, or even quadruple-pane models.
- Your windows are fogging up, or there is condensation trapped inside the glass due to a broken seal.
- You’re dissatisfied with your home’s appearance and want a more modern, beautiful look with new windows.
- You want larger windows than the ones you currently have.
Brand-new replacement windows are an excellent investment that can dramatically improve the appearance, function, and energy-efficiency of your home. If you’ve determined that you need new windows, your first step is to find a reputable team of window contractors that will provide honest, reliable assistance. The right contractor can help you make the right choices that will bring the most benefits to your home and investment, so choose wisely.
Today’s best window products are longer-lasting and more durable than ever before. They’re also powered for maximum energy-efficiency and increased safety and security, with important features like low-E coatings and gas-filled, multiple-pane insulation design.
Learn More About Our High-Quality Houston Replacement Windows
At Texas Remodel Team, our mission is to provide top-quality home improvement services at affordable prices for our customers in Houston and the surrounding areas. With numerous service awards and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, our skilled team of window contractors is one of the best-known remodeling teams in Texas—and we’re committed to making you fall even more in love with your home with affordable, premium remodeling services.
We’d love to help you make the best decision for your home and its need for new energy-efficient windows. To find out more about our Houston replacement windows or to request a free, in-home pricing estimate and evaluation, contact us by phone or fill out our online form.